Monday, January 19, 2009

The White Stuff

We have plenty of it. Snow that is. Another big storm yesterday - church was cancelled again. It wasn't near as nice without Nate here to bless the sacrament for us. I was supposed to have a full day of meetings in Lowell beginning at 7:30 am for their ward conference. I had decided at the last minute not to take the children because they all had colds and both Jonas and Grace had coughed so hard they threw up in the previous 12 hours. I was SO glad that I didn't, because the roads were HORRIBLE. I was sliding around even in my big SUV with 4-wheel drive. Just as I was exiting the freeway in Lowell I got a call that everything was cancelled. So I turned around and headed back home. We had one of our meetings that afternoon via conference call. It was a productive meeting, but I am afraid that I still haven't mastered appropriate conference call etiquette - I always talk too much. I need eye contact and nonverbal signals people!

The boys are loving the snow. They have been making trails for their sleds and snowboards in the yard all day. I was even able to successfully plow the driveway alone! This was my second attempt at using the snowblower alone. My first attempt was about three years ago and it did not end well for anyone but the Sears repairman!

5 comments:

The Bischoff's said...

I can't believe all the snow you guys have been getting! Good Job on the snow blowing! You're a champ!!

kelly said...

If you get a mini van go for the Honda Odessey. It has a lot of compartments for storage and get one with a DVD player. I can't believe that we have lived out here for 4 years now and have not had a DVD player in our car with all the driving that we do. I love reading about your family adventures.

Erin said...

Ah snow! I wish we would get some of that white fluffy goodness. Right now, all we have is cold and grey. Ugh!

Unknown said...

Rachel, way to go plowing your driveway. It sounds like you are all having fun. I'm impressed you held a conference call - good idea. We had some snow on Sunday, but not much. The flakes were the giant snow-globe variety, and that's always fun. I would love to see New England right now. Tell your boys HI.

Erin said...

To answer your comment on my blog, I have a Nikon D50. I'd be happy to share my limited photo-knowledge with you anytime.

It'd be great to see you guys this spring. For sure, let us know when you're down here and we can get together!

Stay warm. Hope to see you soon.